The Calva Mutation - nCal | CalCal
Calva is a very diverse mutation being described by its coverage on the head and the detailing on it. The appearance of Calva arranges from simple to complex based upon the type of coverage and detailing. Calva cannot blend into paint markings, nor be so simple as to appear as a minimal white/normal white marking.
The Coverage and Detailing of Calva are hereditary. When two Calva types are bred, their Calva types can mix into something new. Please see the guide for mixing Calva Types further below.
Homozygous and Heterozygous Calva are identical.
The Calvas in this guide are intended as examples; do not copy the detailing of the designs for your Ballator.
Calva Types & Combinations
The coverage is described as Full Skull, Shield, Snip, or Jaw. The detailing can be any mix of Filled, Lined, Unlined, Candy, and Reverse.
This is an Unlined Full Skull Calva.
Full Skull Calvas cover all or most of a Ballator’s head.
Calva Combinations Through Breeding
Please see the attached guide for possible Calva Combination Examples. Clicking on the image will enlarge it.
- Lined Calva will always pass unless bred with an Unlined Calva.
- Reversed Calva will always pass unless bred to a ‘normal’ Calva.
- Filled Calva will always pass unless bred to a ‘normal’ unfilled Calva.
- When a Shield Calva is bred to a Jaw Calva, and vice versa, there is a chance that the foal will inherit a Full Skull Calva.
Changing a Calva Design
A Design Item called Mutante Calvaria can be purchased and applied to a Ballator which allows the designer to change the design of the Calva, totally disregarding which coverages and details were inherited. This item does not allow designers to remove Calva completely.
- Dotted Sooty
- Okapi Dun
- Oryx (All Types)
- Reverse Roan
- Veneum (Retired)
- Albino (Pseudo Albino Only)
- Poecilia (Causes to be carried)
Can Go Above or Below:
- Rictus (Designer’s choice)