Stat Tracker Guide &
Table of Contents
Stat Tracker Frequently Asked Questions
A Stat Tracker is a record of stat points collected by your Ballator through artwork, literature, and events. Stat Trackers allow you to calculate out and confirm your Ballator into different Stat Ranks.
The Stat Ranks are laid out in The Stat System.
Ballators gain stats through artwork, literature, special events, and (sometimes) they can inherit stats from their parents if bred. The breakdown of how to determine how many stats your Ballator earns is listed in The Stat System.
No! You do not! Members are not required to keep record of, count, or confirm stats for their Ballator if they do not want to.
Confirming stats is an additional game mechanic that allows your Ballator more opportunities to gain Highlord Gifts, unique prizes, and extra breeding slots. This is also a completely optional game mechanic and not every member confirms their Ballator’s stats.
Stat Tracker Requirements
In the past, we have only loosely policed requirements for Stat Trackers. With the migration from DeviantART to the Official Website in May 2020, the requirements have changed and, for the ease of confirmation, the following things are now required on all formats of Stat Trackers.
- Only one Ballator is allowed to be placed on each tracker. Google Sheets must be one sheet per Ballator; please do not link to individual tabs on multi trackers.
- Stat Trackers must include a stat rubric. Please see The Stat System for the rubric template.
- Stat Trackers must include the total stats gained from each piece on each line item. (ie. “03 || Reference”)
- Please include the total stats gained listed before the link to the stat proof. Spreadsheet trackers are exempt as long as the link and point total are in separate columns and labelled clearly.
- Please do not put a “+” in front of any value to ensure ease of confirmation.
- All images, literature, item applications, or other special stat giving events must be linked on your tracker. Please do not post thumbnails or provide unlinked text with no way to prove where the stats came from.
- All sections within a stat tracker must be kept in chronological order. Tracker can have sections for art, literature, and items, but each section must be chronological. Each section must have the confirmed points marked within it. This means chronological by confirmation, moreso than dates; i.e, a piece of art that was already confirmed in a past rankup should not be mixed into a section of art that has not been confirmed yet.
- Confirmed points with a link to that confirmation comment are required on all tracker formats. (ie. “Confirmed at 50 Stats – Proof”)
- All confirmed points on a stat tracker need to be inserted into the tracker in chronological order by confirmation, so that it separates the art, items, or literature almost into sections. They should not just be listed in the footnotes. EXAMPLE TRACKER: 1230 AMARO.
- The rankup comment thread, NOT the plaque comment, should be linked for confirmed points in the tracker. This will be enforced for all confirmations post July 1st, 2020.
Acceptable Types of Trackers
Similar to the more decorated HTML trackers once kept in Stash Writer, Google Sites is the preferred method of the admin team for storing Stat Trackers. The admin team also allows personal Weebly sites.*
There are many other alternatives out there to the options listed about, but, at this time the Stat Team will only accept trackers made on the formats above that follow the official requirements. This is for the continued ease and speed of confirmations. Creating trackers off of these sites or failure to meet the requirements will result in your Stat Confirmation being dismissed. Once dismissed, you will have to make the correct changes and then resubmit your tracker for confirmation. Failure to make the corrections asked for at dismissal consistently may result in a temporary ban from the stat system in order to keep our system running smoothly and to keep the admins from spending time on the same repeated mistakes.
*No official group art (BDA plaques, companion/item images) should be posted on any tracker regardless of format; the only group artwork allowed to be placed on trackers or any other personal EB pages at this time are the Stat Sheilds and Hunting Badges.