Many changes that are happening are happening in order to make way for future gifts and events within the group. We understand the member base’s frustrations at slow changes and wait times, but setting up events does take time so we urge all members to hold this in mind when expressing their thoughts. Complaints are not suggestions; please make sure any future suggestions offer solutions that will ultimately benefit the group as a whole and that do not bring down any individual members.
Updates & Announcements
Opening/Closure of Systems
- The following systems/activities are OPEN on DeviantART:
- General Submissions (ie, Foal Prompts, Art not affiliated with any Activity like Hunting)
- Quests (Art)
- The following systems/activities are OPEN on the Forums:
- Quests Scavenger Hunts and Confirmations
- Bank and Bank Related Items
- Owner Transfers and Deceasing
- Unless otherwise stated, (ie. Announced in the Discord), the rest of the systems/activities are CLOSED.
- Our Team is hard at work at trying to detach ourselves from DeviantART which means that with our current resources, some systems have to be put on the back burner while we try to prepare for our future as an ARPG. We hope in the months to come that we can share some of the exciting things we have in store! We thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we iron out the kinks and try to make sure that once we open a system, everything will run smoothly without any more need for adjustments.
Happy Pride Month!
The Admin Team would like to do a little section about Pride Month and how important it is for us to take time to celebrate every kind of individual. In Equus Ballator, we support every kind of person and relationship. We wish every member of the LGBTQ+ a happy Pride month. Love is love and there’s nothing that changes that. Our team is tolerant of everyone and we have no excuses for any kind of bullying. If you have any further concerns on this matter, please checkout our Code of Conduct.
Here is a literature that involves LGBTQ+ Equus Ballators: 5424 | Whiskey | RQ Lvl 3 | Amorous by Beastsgraveyard (DA)
And some lovely artwork:
- Please do NOT upload BDA plaques save for stash or in Equus Ballator official areas (Discord, forums, ect). We understand that people want to share their designs and store them in other places we are not apart of. Unfortunately, when people do this, we see not only an uptick in design theft but also illegal creation of Equus Ballators. We are not able to find every case of this and a lot of times we are unable to properly enforce it. That’s why we ask you do not upload BDA plaques off of EB official areas.
- Reminder to update your references with the newest information for your ballator including removing rarity, updating lineage to match the plaque, ect. This helps keep things cleans and prevents confusion when newer people come across these references. We don’t believe in actively enforcing this besides when reviewing refereces, but it would help should you do this!
- We are currently looking for new admins. Please checkout The Admin Team page to see if you might be a good fit. Along with the departure of some of our admins, our team currently has a lot going on behind the scenes that requires us to bring on more people onto our team. We encourage anyone who might be interested in becoming an admin to reach out and give it a try.
- We have updated our Intern position. No longer is it limited to those ages 16-20. Instead it is available to those of all ages starting at 16. This position is directed to be for those who are underage or those who are interested in helping with the admin team, but are unable to devote as much time to it.
- If you would like to see all the changes that are occuring this month, please checkout the Changelog. This page updates every Friday with all the changes that were made that week, we are in the process of fixing, or the issues we are aware of. Please checkout it out in case any issues you may have had has already been addressed. This also will let you know when a certain system has been updated. If you would like to preview previous month’s changelogs, you can find it under Archives with the category of Fade’s Changelog. LINK
- The Suggestion Box is open for all members to drop their ideas, comments, and suggestions in. The Suggestion Box will remain Anonymous to other users, but it is a requirement and courtesy to list your DeviantART screen name for the admin team. The Suggestion Box will be checked once weekly for the admin team to discuss.
- There are lots of new changes around the website and maybe some hints at what might be next. We strongly suggest getting reacquainted with the new website and poking around to see what might be hiding! Who knows you might find something quite interesting……..
Important News on the State of the Group and Admin Team
As many have noticed, designs, imports, and the highlord hub all have various parts that have had major backlogs and wait times. We never intended for this to occur and we are truly sorry to anyone involved that is waiting this long amount of time. The reason for this wait is due to three things.
- Fargo, our Fearless Leader, unfortunately, has had to take an unexpected indefinite hiatus while she deals with IRL issues. She was solely in charge of a lot of aspects of these things causing the sudden and long halt.
- Many of our admins have had to step down this year due to their own personal problems. It’s been a hard year for everyone and we hope that life gets better. This does mean that the jobs they once held, suddenly became vacant without anyone to fill them.
- At the time of all of the people leaving, we had no one else trained in these areas which meant while we were in the midst of trying to transition and fix various problems, we were also trying to figure out who in our team would be able to help in these areas.
So what does this mean for these areas? What about the imports people are waiting on? What about designs needing replies? Is Fargo okay?
- At this time we have been able to form a group of admins who had helped with designs but were not officially design admins or trainees. This group is well-versed in designs, but just had not wanted that to be their main jobs. We currently are going through and reviewing all of the imports that had been designed and their respective owners had their notes replied to. We are waiting on some changes, but hope to get those out ASAP so no one has to wait any longer.
- For those with unreplied to Import Notes we are in the midst of getting admins trained so that they may take on designs. As soon as we have them trained, we will reply to these notes and get those imports that have been waiting ASAP. Of those that chose a designer that has since left, you will be asked to choose a new one and we apologize for that. We will keep those involved updated.
- If ANYONE has designs that they do not have a reply to or they are waiting on a reply (and they had replied before the deadline), please create a thread in our Notes & Troubleshooting forum. We are trying our best to go through and find any that have been sitting and getting those reviewed. However, we understand that we can easily miss these things, especially if we ourselves had not reviewed them or DA failed to notify properly.
- For the Highlord Hub, we are slowly working on piecing together the specifics required to run it so that we are able to get through that backlog. We hope to clear that ASAP and hopefully this means another facet of our game that we are able to open.
- Fargo is doing okay, just needed to take a step back. She should hopefully be returning to the group soon and hopefully when she does we all can give her a warm welcome!
In other news, as we were trying to update our hunting and breeding rollers, we noticed some errors. We want to fix all of these rollers and make sure any information that we gave on them is 100% accurate. As we update and fix things, we will be sure to let everyone know whether any changes have occured. Until then, we are unable to give any specifics on percentages or what things will look like. We apologize for that and hope to update everyone soon.
With all of these updates we just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Without you there would not be an Equus Ballator group or any hope of us being able to create our own home away from DeviantART. We understand that this entire hiatus and the crazy wait times have required an immense amount of patience and faith in the admin team. We hope that this long, honest update will ease your minds and help your understanding in why things are going the way they are. We hope that things improve and we can eventually show off our new home and new storyline. We hope all of you will continue to stick by us for this future, and even if you don’t, thank you for the time you have spent with us.