Equus Ballator Community

Hello There, Guest!

Register
Your Links
Add links by editing your profile in the User CP! Threadlog Your Stats Trackers All Stats Trackers Archives
Monthly Newsletter Check it Out!
Monthly Quests All MQs
EB OTM All EBs OTM
Wait Times Listed Here
A temporarily empty space while we build

Form submission: Submissions: Quests

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Website Find Reply

MostlyFaraday Offline

Discord: MostlyFaraday#6850
Link to Quests: https://equusballator.com/regales-quests/

State which prompt: Level 4: The Final Act #2

Link to Art: https://buzzly.art/~MostlyFaraday/art/71...tleberries

Link to EBs in Art:

https://www.deviantart.com/ballatordesig...-725592806
https://www.deviantart.com/ballatordesig...-710454646

EB 1 Quests Tracker: https://equusballator.com/community/show...4#pid12104

EB 1 Stat Breakdown & Total:

Stat Breakdown | Total: 15 Stats (+13 stats, +2 strength)
Chibi +1
Simple Animation +5
Detailed Background +3
Wordcount (476) +2
Extra Characters | Literature (Regale) +2

Companions |
Goat +2 Strength

Website Find Reply

OliveDoodle Offline

Administrator

Discord: Olivedoodle#5211
Hey there! 
- it looks like your link to the RQ page is broken!

We appreciate this second attempt, we just have a few questions to further understand this piece and how it fits into this prompt.

- We aren't sure how discussing Regale and convincing him to leave his glade plays into the prompt about your ballator presenting him with berries, demonstrating how much your ballator has learned. Could you explain your reasoning for this focus?
- We were wondering, based on Regale's character page, the reasoning behind him leave his glade and his family behind. He is a very reclusive ballator with lots of love for his family, so to us that seems out of character!
- The same above goes for his immortality as it is stated that Regale is immortal, and unable to die. We aren't quite sure why he would worry about his death, or how that ties into this prompt.

Thank you for your patience, and for taking the time to clear these points up so we can better understand this piece.

Please let me know once updated or if you have any questions!

Website Find Reply

MostlyFaraday Offline

Hi Olive,

Sorry if it came across as Regale was going to die - I was trying to take inspiration from Rejuvenation, where it says "at last, he could rest". Since this is the very last time I'm going to have the chance to do Regale's Quest for a while, and I'm so close to the end, I wanted to have the idea of Regale confiding in someone he had grown to somewhat trust over the quest that he was exhausted by his duties as an immortal and the Red Star saga. My idea is Regale himself was going into a deep state of sleep/inactivity to recover from his experiences - so deep he would be unable to actively protect the glade or sense the flow of time around him. His concern for his foals is a reflection of how much he loves them, worried about how his absence would affect them despite desperately needing the rest. By closing off the Glade, he could ensure his family was safe and also uninterrupted because he would be helpless - which as an immortal, and a recluse, would be something very difficult to admit.

The link to the prompt is the idea of it being the last quest, while I tried to make the presentation of the whortleberries a large part of the story, it's pretty hard to write 10 stats worth of 'here are your berries'. I thought it might be fun to explore the tentative friendships Regale creates with ballators that do his quest, especially in Sole's case since she became a bit of an angry Hannibal follower during her quest but still respects Regale as another ballator as lost to the whims of the Highlords as she is.

I'm happy to add an explanation in the description of the lit to clarify the above.

Website Find Reply

OliveDoodle Offline

Administrator

Hi there,
While we love this interpretation of what Regale is going through, we are concerned it's treading too close to changing the lore about Regale and where the story is going. I apologize for having to be strict about Regale and his involvement, but because this is a group activity involving a very important NPC, we need to ensure that it stays close to who he is and the lore we are forming around him.

The main focus of this prompt and Regale's quests overall, should be about your ballator and what they've learned. 
For this prompt, I would suggest focusing more on Sole's growth throughout her time completing Regale's quests- Regale might not open up about himself to others, but he enjoys talking with other ballators about themselves and learning more about their personal growth!

I again apologize for the delay in getting back to you, as a thank you for your patience and an apology for the delay in response, we will allow a 2 week period after the hiatus begins (Sunday May 1st) for updates and to claim prizes. 
Please let me know once updated or if you have any questions by May 14th, 2022
Thank you!

Website Find Reply

MostlyFaraday Offline

Hi Olive, I'm really struggling with this prompt and would really like some help.

My first prompt was rejected for focusing on where Sole was going after the quest as a reflection of how her character had changed over the course of the quest, and this prompt for treading too close to changing Regale's lore as an NPC. I'm really struggling with how I'm meant to reach 10 stats when the guidelines given are just to present the whortleberries to Regale. If I could have any kind of guideline as to what I can or should write about in order to successfully get this prompt submitted I would appreciate it. 

Thank you (and the team) for granting me a grace period to get this submitted.

Edit: I decided to add an art component and edit down the story to just focusing on the whortleberries, bringing it to 13 stats. I hope this works to pass! Please disregard the above. I'm going to try sticking to the prompt as closely as possible in future.

Website Find Reply

OliveDoodle Offline

Administrator

Hi there!
Thank you so much for your cooperation with this, again I’m sorry for the confusion and delay in this review. 
The new submission is perfect, and accepted!

Search: