Equus Ballator Community

Hello There, Guest!

Register
Your Links
Add links by editing your profile in the User CP! Threadlog Your Stats Trackers All Stats Trackers Archives
Monthly Newsletter Check it Out!
Monthly Quests All MQs
EB OTM All EBs OTM
Wait Times Listed Here
A temporarily empty space while we build

Member Feedback: Designs

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 

Website Find

Bay-Blade Offline

Coordinator

Discord: Bay-Blade#2536
Hello all! The admin team has been discussing some updates to the systems before we reopen them (soon!) and we would love member feedback! We will be posting a series of discussion threads as we do this and encourage all members to post on these threads for ease of review. Discussion of these changes out of their threads may be missed-- so please keep them in the proper threads if you can!

Our fourth subject is: Designs!

Is there anything really confusing about designs? Anything you wished would be changed? What is a way you found the best to break down learning design rules? Please let us know below!

This thread will close on January 1st 2021 so please post your thoughts before then! Thank you so much! <3

[Image: 2p8ruyfv]
Icon by Monsleonis

Find

HellfireSaphira Offline

Discord: HellfireSaphira#9306
For the most part, designing (for me) is a pretty straightforward process - the group is really good about having easy to understand guides.

I do have a slight peeve with one gene though: Dun.

The minimum requirements for the dun gene say that horses must have a visible dorsal stripe and leg barring. But this means that a Ballator's dorsal stripe is... VERY large in comparison to real horses, who - in all of the pictures I've looked up - only have a visible dorsal stripe if they're being photographed from an odd angle. Unless I've just been looking in the wrong places, I can't find any images where a horse in complete profile view like EB plaques are depicted with a dorsal stripe that's wide enough to be visible, so it seems extremely strange to me that we're supposed to depict the dorsal stripes as being that wide. So a change I'd like to see here is making the minimum requirements for dun leg barring only.

Find

ComplacentFool Away

Administrator

Discord: The Edgiest of Grandpas#4639
this is more of a general thing and not meant to point fingers at anyone in any way, but to me it feels like the whole system is a bit nitpicky. i used to love designing, but now the process of submitting a design just feels overwhelming because half the time theres an alteration that can take up to 2 weeks or more to be processed and then decided if its passable, so a lot of my designs just stay hoarded on my pc and never uploaded.

i understand that there's a standard and i'm a-ok with that! just sometimes it feels like some designs have an easier time passing through than others and thats a big breeding turn off for me. i think a bit more clarity on specifically things like white markings, horn placements, and optionally hidden genes(grey, white markings, ect) would be amazing and save a lot of confusion!

additionally, and this is more of just a personal thing on my end, but i tend to draw my horses a lot bulkier, not just in build, but in regards to their fangs and horns too, because i just like that look for my kiddos. i personally havent experienced this, but a friend of mine in the group was told when submitting a design that the horns couldnt be the same size as the larger parents'. if thats a standard the group is going to go by then i think it should be added to one of the design sheets and/or have an announcement made as thats not something i've ever been aware of being a standard. most of my bred ballators have hornsets the same size as their parents, sometimes larger and i know i'm not the only one who does this. ;v; some clarity on that would be beneficial as well i think.

Find

weewight Offline

Discord: weewight#9648
I relate to Complacentfool's experience- it felt designing rules weren't always consistent. For example, I colour picked a coat from a semi-recently accepted design of mine and applied it to a new design, when I was informed that this colour was too saturated for the coat. There was no official announcement regarding this and I've experience this over other design elements other than coat colours.

This being said I want to be clear- the design admins/interns giving back the feedback were stellar- just felt like we were reading off two sets of rules. I think the update log will be a be help in the future in helping keep both players and admins on the same pag <3

Search: