Equus Ballator Community

Hello There, Guest!

Register
Your Links
Add links by editing your profile in the User CP! Threadlog Your Stats Trackers All Stats Trackers Archives
Monthly Newsletter Check it Out!
Monthly Quests All MQs
EB OTM All EBs OTM
Wait Times Listed Here
A temporarily empty space while we build

Member Feedback: Stat Systen

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 

Website Find

Bay-Blade Offline

Coordinator

Discord: Bay-Blade#2536
Hello all! The admin team has been discussing some updates to the systems before we reopen them (soon!) and we would love member feedback! We will be posting a series of discussion threads as we do this and encourage all members to post on these threads for ease of review. Discussion of these changes out of their threads may be missed-- so please keep them in the proper threads if you can!

Our third subject is: Stat System!

Are there any stat prizes you don't like? Anything you wish was a stat prize? What would you think about some of the small stat prizes (ie potions, mutante calvaria, ect) being traded out for other prizes every year?
There's an increasing number of foals seen that are bred, used to get stat imports, and then are never seen used again. What are thoughts on increasing/changing foal prompt requirements for foals with high amount of inherited stats? Please let us know below!

Editing to Add: While the team is NOT considering adding any further stat levels, we still are curious if we were to add another one, what prizes would you want NOT including any imports.

This thread will close on January 1st 2021 so please post your thoughts before then! Thank you so much! <3

[Image: 2p8ruyfv]
Icon by Monsleonis

Find

HellfireSaphira Offline

Discord: HellfireSaphira#9306
Personally, I find the stat system mostly fine as-is! The only thing I'd like to bring up in terms of prizes is the Highlord Gift prizes. I'm someone that doesn't like to change a design once I get it, and most of the Highlord Gifts do just that. I also don't have any inclination to do Highlord-worshipping storylines, so the idea of my horses receiving the gifts as "prizes" for devotion or whathaveyou don't really work. I do have plans for a few high-stat foals to claim gifts and have it such that to their canon they were born with the gift(s), but otherwise the only gifts I have much use for are Benedicto (adding carried genes) and Cornellius in Stellis (to steal Ares' Guardian). So for me, another prize or option of prizes that's of "equal value" to a Highlord Gift but ISN'T a Highlord Gift, and one that doesn't change the design of the horse or can be used on a horse other than the one claiming it.

Maybe a new pool of special companions or instead of claiming the gift directly, we could claim the gift items that were released during the introduction to the Holidays?

Find

ComplacentFool Away

Administrator

Discord: The Edgiest of Grandpas#4639
for the most part i think the stat system is fine. i really only have 2 gripes with it; the first being that a change out in gifts offered might be a nice change, especially at the lower ranks. to me its a bit boring to have the same gifts for my ballators as i stat them up, but i also dont like that its kind of a "missed" prize if i choose not to claim it after all the work i put into my kids. an alternative like saphira suggested above might be a nice option as well.

my second complaint isn't much of a complaint, but it is something i and several other members have expressed before and would like to touch on once more. stat ranks for ballators with over 5,000 stats. theres probably a handful of them in the group, but i know for sure my boy Vos is one of them and i would love anything i could do with him since the tournament hasn't been around for a while(which is one of my favorite events of the group). the prizes could be a bit "beefier" than the current stat prizes offered, but way more spread out among the ranks. something like "acheiving 10,000 stats will award you a second rare stat import" or something to that effect would serve as fun challenge for the high stat horses.

Find

weewight Offline

Discord: weewight#9648
Above all of else, I wish there was system where players could get their own customized stat trackers approved instead of being rejected or approved at the time of confirming an EB. I acknowledge there are examples of acceptable stat trackers but not all members can use those design examples. For instance, with my eye sight issues, I cannot accurately track and calculate multiple art pieces with a font size lower than 12 and using a vertical layout. I’ve created an a modified version of the auto tracker that features a dyslexic-friendly font that is large enough to see on a horizontal layout. I would love to get constructive feedback on the design on it from admins to ensure it would be okay for stat counting. A system like this might nip problems in the long run and make it more accessible to those with vision issues/dyscalculia.

I’m fine with increasing the foal prompts- might be interesting to have 1 or 2 foal prompts unlock the next stat rank so that way people who are only getting 30 inherited stats aren’t being punished for the “increasing number of foals seen that are bred, used to get stat imports, and then are never seen used again” issue.

Edit: Another suggestion is to comment art pieces on plaques to protect stat counts from being changed from pieces being deleted or the stats being changed by players.

Search: