Equus Ballator Community

Hello There, Guest!

Register
Your Links
Add links by editing your profile in the User CP! Threadlog Your Stats Trackers All Stats Trackers Archives
Monthly Newsletter Check it Out!
Monthly Quests All MQs
EB OTM All EBs OTM
Wait Times Listed Here
A temporarily empty space while we build

Explanation for concerns and issues with new mutation

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Find Reply

Kaons Offline

Technical Support

All Accounts Posts: 0

1 Attached Account
Instagram
Discord: elisethechemist#4672
Hello,

I wanted to explain why I said I was disappointed "bummed" by the new mutation being "ulta rare".

I suppose this is because I had been seeing the group progress to the point where the only "ultra rare" mutations were the ones that had been ultra rare for a long time - the owners didn't agree to normal mutation rules, etc.

The group was becoming more accessible. Members could order or more easily attain via stats/imports/capes/items beautiful EBs with amazing mutations like sunset, chrome, and aves (which steve and I worked hard on and which I did want to make sure was accessible).

It was my thought that since only the old mutations were ultra rare, that the future of the EB group was going to be more fair. Cave lilliputs literally have in their description which I helped write that they have high rates of black and white horns (I was trying to normalize these to a degree).

So I hope you can understand why I was so disappointed to hear that the "new" mutation, which of course everyone is going to love, is an "ultra rare". It's souring. Saddening. It's disheartening that this new cool thing will be unattainable to so many for a long while. Zebroid (while possible), is still very unattainable unless you're an admin or you spent your one rare stat import on it. Poe, still very unattainable again unless you're an admin or choose that for your stat import (or buy it). It's why it bothered me that the only reason I ever had a zeb starter was because I was an admin (Raman, which I donated to the group because I didn't feel comfortable owning him anymore for that reason).

My issue is not that people were given free EBs with the mutation (that's amazing, and I LOVE the designs. I LOVE the mutation. I think the whole advent was great!). My issue is that I see the group now sliding back to a time with shin was the only veneum owner and fargo was the only zebroid owner (with MutMut starters). Only this time I am now expecting admins (who do work hard and DO deserve every reward), have the MutMut starters sending us back to this time of toxic elitism which I fought very hard to make not a thing as an admin. I thought the direction of the EB group was going so well.

I look forward to hearing other ways this mutation can come about - because that's great and I am glad that's being considered (especially if it's story related). But I still stand against things that members cannot reasonable achieve. I am against this idea of "ultra rare", especially for a new mutation that has generated much excitement (deservedly). Going from an admin to a member, I definitely feel this discrepancy highly.

I have even been seeing it and said nothing with all the pure white horned steppes that showed up in admin hands. Or other rare starters show up in admin hands - because I know how the token system works. Being out of that now, it's very easy to see how members get upset.

So that's why I said what I did and why I feel how I feel. I hope you can at least take somewhat of what I said and see a nugget, slice or snippet that you agree with to at least some extent. And I do hope that I conveyed that I love the mutation, the advent and the lore - but that seeing an ultra rare mutation show up after so much time of having better equality was a little heartbreaking.

So to recap, I feel:
- admins do alot of work, and they DESERVE the rewards they get
- the new mutation is beautiful
- the lore is well written and very deep/enjoyable
- the mutation starters are stunning and I LOVE that they went to members

- I am disheartened and disappointed seeing that a mutation is "ultra rare" after so many years of achieving better member/admin equality with mutations and other rare things

I completely respect if you 100% disagree with me. I can see and understand the theory that "rare" mutations help the game economics.
I quit drakehest because I do not agree with this theory - that lots of cash and/or your one lucky opportunity can afford you rare, beautiful things.

Happy holidays <3
I wish you all the absolute best.

EDIT:
Wanted to add really quick that I don't think my opinion on this personally matters in the grand scheme of things. I am one person, and my voice is not the majority.

Website Find Reply

Fade Offline

All Accounts Posts: 0

1 Attached Account
Instagram
Discord: Fade#7329
Heyo! I'm sorry this was never replied to. It was my understanding that Fargo was going to reply personally so I did not step in.

I understand your concerns, and in turn it sort of hurts me to hear them because I thought I was doing a good job of releasing something in the realm of what made sense to the lore and gameplay that was new and exciting. Necrosis is breedable/ mutable from old veneum horses by design so it can randomly appear-- similar to zebroid from OkOk horses. We made the choice to release starters with the mutations to members first to spread the mutation around. The mutation will be attainable through patronage of Tyndariai-- though I re-read the requirements of it just now and see they are unfinished and can work with the team to rectify that.

The views of every member are important to me and to the team. I want to hear your concerns and I do appreciate them, even if they make emotions high on both sides. I hope this does not sour gameplay for you and I hope that as we re-open and grow and the lore-- and mutation information-- changes that it will assuage some fears.

As for the issue with admins receiving imports... I don't know what to say because this is not something I put in place. I do not know how to better pay the admins for their work. I will be glad to discuss this concern further with Fargo and Bayli, who helps me coordinate, so we can come to a solution that is not upsetting to everyone. I think that this issue is what sort of hurts me the most-- though I don't feel that's the intention! The only white horned mare I have, for example, is a horse I bought from you. The only black horned mare I have was purchased from another member-- also not on the admin team. That being said, I didn't do the reviews on the admin imports. I am not a designer and I do not manage the tokens for the team so I do not have a full grasp on the requirements given to them. I understand this answer is unsatisfactory and will personally work to ensure that I have a better grasp of all areas in the future, to the best of my abilities, so I can be more informed in my answers.

I don't know if I have answered anything for you in a satisfying way; I wanted to acknowledge your note, though. And I want to make it clear that your concerns are part of our team discussion on how we can improve.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do or anything else I can add to the team's conversation. We strive to take in what constructive input we can and are grateful for it.

<3, Fade

[Image: WpSNLUy.png]
"All text centered by Fade just for your continued and incredibly personal inconvenience."

Search: